How to use creative activities to cope through life experience
May 1, 2014
Creativity proves to help children cope through life experience as adults
May 2, 2014
(How to reduce Stress) With Art and Creativity
July 29, 2015
How does art and creativity reduce stress?
Art and creativity is not necessarily about drawing or painting. It is about creating something with an end result. The steps you took to put something together which makes you feel relaxed and at peace.
Why is it important to do this every day?
Every day you are doing routine activities from waking up in the morning, brushing your teeth, driving to work, going to school, in an educational environment, coming home, taking a bath to going to bed. These are routine daily activities which you do to live your life. The brain needs space to breathe from these daily activities. If you don't give your brain this space you find you:
1. Start to stress in situations in life
2. Feel you can't cope with experiences/become overwhelmed
3. Start to feel very tired and bored
4. Induldge in negative thinking
5. Can't concerntrate at work/school. Can't finish projects on time. Can't remember how to retain information.
6. Become irritable
7. Turn to indulgent behavior (over eating/drinking/gossip/biting nails/stress)
8. Feel like giving up
When your brain is overloading with routine activities, signs of stress begin to show.